ASK YOUR AUDIOLOGIST
The 5 Keys to Communication Success with Peg Lisi, Au.D.
A No-Nonsense Online Hangout to Help You and Your Loved Ones to Conquer Communication Breakdowns Caused by Hearing Loss
Many people believe that the solution to a hearing loss is a hearing aid. Yet the truth is that hearing technology is only a small part of the puzzle.
The much more important component is the methodical process of understanding the five keys to communication success.
In Dr. Peg Lisi’s monthly online hangouts, she shares everything that you need to know about achieving better hearing, to help you and the people around you to understand how to communicate and support you on your better hearing journey.
This hangout is specifically for two types of people.
#1 – Those of us that are hearing aids wearers – whether a new hearing aid wearer or an experienced wearer – that want to achieve a lifetime of better hearing
#2 – Those of us with loved ones that are hearing aids wearers and want to support them on their journey to better hearing
During this 60-minute online hangout, Dr. Peg Lisi will share the five key steps to communication success, including:
- Environment – how to successfully communicate with loved ones or colleagues in a controlled environment, the key steps to follow.
- Speaker – effective speaking strategies to communicate with the hard of hearing – learn these strategies and use them in everyday situations.
- Listener – how the listener can learn and use effective listening strategies to receive a message successfully.
- Technology – how to utilize technology to enhance your hearing and implement its benefits in your everyday life.
- Practice – why your journey to better hearing is a path that never ends, and how to improve your hearing, both now and forever.
You do not have to be a patient of Pacific Hearing Service to attend and registration is free – this is one of the ways that we continue to help our community and beyond to achieve better hearing for life.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I attend?
The hangout is online using the popular video-call platform Zoom.
It’s simple to use and upon registering, you will receive a link that you can click – this will then open the online call.
Q: How long does it last?
The hangout is a maximum of 60 minutes.
Q: Do I have to have my camera on?
No, if you would prefer to watch the hangout without participating, then that is completely fine – there is no obligation to have your camera or microphone on.
Q: How much does it cost to attend?
It’s completely free. This is our way of supporting our patients and other hearing aid wearers.
Q: I’ve been a hearing aid wearer for many years, should I attend?
Yes, this hangout is for hearing aid wearers of all levels of experience as we discuss the key steps to better communication outside of the technology.