Adoption Plan: Allowing You to Access Advanced Audiological Care Irrespective of Where You Purchased Your Hearing Aids
If you have recently moved to the area, or you have purchased hearing aids elsewhere but are not getting the performance, the care or the expertise that you require, then you may benefit from our Adoption Plan.
Under this plan, you will receive ongoing personalized attention from our highly trained Doctor of Audiology, ensuring that your hearing health takes precedence and that the performance of your hearing devices is optimized.
There is two ways that we’re able to help:
90-Minute Performance Revamp
The consultation will be customized to meet your unique needs, with the objective of enhancing your hearing aid performance. Our consultation will typically include:
- A comprehensive case history to understand your journey and experience to date.
- A video otoscopic examination to evaluate your ear canal anatomy and health. earwax removal if needed.
- A comprehensive hearing evaluation (including speech-in-noise testing) in accordance with the best practices in audiology, if deemed necessary.
- Professional hearing aid cleaning, which includes suctioning the microphone and speaker openings as well as using the Redux machine to remove moisture.
- Electroacoustic evaluation of your devices to ensure they are performing to the required standard.
- Real ear measurements to determine if your hearing aids are programmed appropriately for your current hearing profile.
- Adjustment of your hearing aids based on an accurate, up-to-date hearing test and your listening preferences.
- Smart phone pairing and app orientation (only available with compatible hearing aids/phones).
Adoption Plan: Access Our Ongoing Service and Care
- A 90-minute performance revamp (everything detailed above) to kick-start your journey and allow you to maximize the performance of your devices.
- Access to same-day cleanings, troubleshooting and support whenever you require help or have any questions ($55 value per visit).
- Access to two ‘19 Point Inspections’ (worth $300) to continually monitor, test and carry out preventative maintenance checks on your devices to prolong performance.
- Loaner devices made available to you if your devices ever require repair or replacement, ensuring you’re always with hearing aids.
- Professional wax removal services as required (maximum of 3 per year).
$925 per year
*only available if your devices are less than 4 years old
Register Your Interest
We’ll then contact you to discuss your needs and schedule an appointment with one of our trusted Doctors of Audiology to help you to get the best performance from your hearing technology and maximize your hearing healthcare.
Proud To Care for Some of the Most Influential People in Silicon Valley
// MY STORY
How past Secretary of Defense William J. Perry found Pacific Hearing Service the right experts for his needs
As a former Secretary of Defense, William J. Perry has lived a life that few could imagine. But just like millions of people across America, he’s also had to contend with a hearing loss.For over sixteen years, Pacific Hearing Service has been proud to provide William with innovative treatments and excellent care. It’s been fantastic to help him on his journey to better hearing.
// MY STORY
We’re proud to call Ann Hardy a patient: she’s a true Silicon Valley pioneer and a friend.
As a pioneer in computer programming, Ann joined IBM in New York in 1956. Among other projects, Ann worked on one of the first Fortran compilers, which was for STRETCH, IBM’s supercomputer of the day. STRETCH can now be seen in the Computer History Museum.
Ann’s hearing loss journey started when she visited her doctor to complain that she couldn’t hear very well. He referred her to Dr. Deborah Clark at Pacific Hearing Service.
// MY STORY
How Dr. Deborah Clark saved Tom from Brain Surgery
Tom went to Dr. Deborah Clark at Pacific Hearing Service for a second opinion, and his own words says, “She saved me from brain surgery.” – She advised that he may not need surgery and her help resulted in him getting the advice of a neurologist that advised that he didn’t need brain surgery.
The rest is history and Dr. Deborah has been helping Tom to achieve better hearing and continue to bring his unique and memorable personality to the world.
// MY STORY
‘I call them my ears’ – find out why writer and NPR commentator Debbie Duncan loves her Widex hearing aids
Like many people, writer and NPR contributor Debbie Duncan’s children were the first to notice that she had a hearing loss, a friend recommended that she talk to the experts at Pacific Hearing Service. This is where she met Dr. Clark, clinical audiologist at the Los Altos office. “She’s wonderful,” Debbie says. “She figured out that I have a weirdly shaped right ear. She made wearing hearing devices comfortable.”
// MY STORY
They are committed to getting the best results for each patient.
My first experience of a hearing challenge was when I had a sudden and profound hearing loss in my left ear. Prior to visiting Pacific Hearing Service, I didn’t have any concerns, but I was anxious to see what Dr. Baxter and her team could do for me.
My first impression was that Dr. Baxter and her team were extremely passionate about helping those who have lost their hearing and committed to getting the best results for each patient. They are also very thorough and knowledgeable.
They have improved my hearing so that I am not constantly having to say, “What did you say?” or, “Sorry, but I can’t hear you.”My overall verdict of Pacific Hearing Service is that they are excellent.